Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Bunnies and a few realizations

Decided to play around since it was Easter! This is the only one in the series of shots that I've got them to sorta stand still. I think they will need to get used to props around them still. I remember their monthly pictorials and how that was such a pain haha I think we just need more practice again!

I have said before that despite the obstacles and clear challenges of having twins, I have been pacified by the greater side of things. I often said that at least my girls would first and foremost learn, very early on, the essence of sharing and giving. I have now recognized that this is not the only virtue that they will acquire in the first stages of their life, among other things. With much observance, I realized that they are now also feistier little things, since one clearly cannot be the only princess in this castle. They know how to fight for what they want and get it in anyway possible. Often to my dismay or of the other, since as a result, one would surely get hurt and cry. But I guess this is something I also want my GIRLS to develop.  


Sandra wanted to take photos too! She loves using my phone as camera and going around the room taking pictures. 

Together with, I pray with all my heart, the kindness too. What brings tears to my eyes (I am not exaggerating) is how they pacify the other. At first it was through my order that they hug as an apology after one hurts the other. Now they are doing this on their own with additional actions too! One would hand the other water if the other is coughing, a kiss to make a boo boo go away, a pat on the back to make the other stop crying and the list goes on. THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! This is what makes having twins so special.  Besides being able to parade two cuties around, I get to witness this! It so beautiful to see two small beings loving each other. 



Sandra was still concentrating on the phone grrrr Lila was all smiles and was ready even during our practice shots


And just like that I lost them...

I also want to share my joy on seeing how these two are developing into such unique individuals. You know how they say that it is best never to compare and allow them to grow into a separate identity from the other. So in the beginning what I thought as the most perfect and simplest way to do this is to dress them differently. Then... ok, this proved to be not so convenient. Now that they are growing up though I love that they already have a preference as to what color they want to wear! It is starting!! YAY!  I love listing down their idiosyncrasies, small representations of how their minds work gets me so excited to see how they will be when they grow up!  

Added all the necessary props and accessories and removed the phone from Sandra --- the drama starts!

To say that these two are a handful is an understatement. However this challenge really reaps great rewards. They teach me to be a better mom everyday. I think nothing beats that. 


And I thought it will all go well since Sandra was all excited we let her play with lippies haha She loves make-up! 

***
much love

No comments:

Post a Comment