Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Getting to Know You

Oh Lila I am so happy to be getting to know you more and more. My worries have dissipated as I understand your ways and learned your strengths. You see, I have been worried ever since you were born, much smaller than your sister. I have distressed and tormented over you not hitting your milestones at the same pace as her. Even a 2 week difference was enough to scare me. However, I see YOU so clearly now, your different way of interacting with the world, I have begun to appreciate.

You see, Lila is quite a handful, my feisty little one. She is the one who runs around climbing everything, throwing things and laughing over hurting you. Although to be fair Sandra does those things too but Lila just does it more - much more!


Despite these things, what I used to worry about more, are again the milestones. Sandra just seemed to get there faster. I guess there is truly a blessing in everything. When I lost my yaya and started spending time with them 24/7, I was able to observe even more closely how Lila is. I think it also happened in a crucial time wherein they have developed their personalities more for me to see the change.  I saw how she is able to focus if given the chance. She was able to finish our alphabet puzzles on her own without getting up to do something mid-way. She is also adept to painting and again filled her paper until she is done. So I realized then her love for art and her ability to stay on task.





However, what really moved me is seeing how she shows her emotions. She chooses well and is very honest. If at times she does not feel like it, you won't be able to force her to hug or kiss you unlike Sandra who knows too well how she is supposed to act. However is she feels like it, she will shower you with kisses! She is awfully loyal to her sister too. Whenever Sandra is "punished" and made to stand on the wall, she will be right next to her.


So I understand now Lila, I was worried for nothing. I kinda see how differently you both will end up being! I am excited, but for now I am enjoying getting to know you and Sandra. I will forever be in awe of how similar yet different you both are.

***
much love


No comments:

Post a Comment