Wednesday, August 20, 2014

As They Grow Older


So I am at the part of parenting where it is more than just keeping my girls alive, but shaping them into beautiful little persons. Wherein there is no longer a template, a how-to and clear list of things to do. Everything now is based on what values I hold dear and how I effectively pass this on to my children and maybe even improve them.  I AM SCARED.

We have now reached the point wherein my words are no longer the only ones they mimic but my actions too. Apart from me revelling in how greatly different my girls are, each picking up a different set of manners from me, I am also scared of letting my short comings shine through.

They have started with the little things like copying how I pluck and giving each other massages!! Hilarious at times but sometimes I worry. They stare at the mirror like I do after dressing up and insists on putting make-up too! Too soon my girls - not yet! First I want you to see how beautiful you are sans the frivolities.  I want them to see this is not what is truly important! I know the day will come when they will understand. I know I have to shrug off my worries and enjoy these silly moments. But of course that nagging feeling will always be there. I saw this quote once that says "Be the person you want your child to be".  Bring on the much needed reflections. They are the best motivation there will ever be. 


***
much love



No comments:

Post a Comment