Friday, August 29, 2014

Fashion Flashback

Fixing my blog, I got into reminiscing and ended up going through my old blog as missdonata. Oh how I miss the life she had and the outfits she wore. That person seemed so put together and took chances on her outfits more! I have compiled some of my faves from the year that was -- 2011! HAHA Cannot believe that was 3 YEARS AGO! So interesting to see my style choices then and how up to now I hold certain style philosophies to heart. 

I loved this wine red skirt that I deemed "oh so sexy"! I think this is why I kept pairing it with long sleeved button downs just to balance it out! Actually I remember loving the ruching too and how it hides the tummy, that I guess was always my problem even before the girls came!

I cannot believe I only have 3 outfit shots of me wearing a kimono cover up! I remember it to be more than that, as this is my default and go to! Love how it transforms an outfit and elevates it to a more dramatic look - may it be a short dress, a maxi skirt or plain shorts!

My ever reliable knitted black poncho!!! I love pieces like these that adds such character to an outfit. So effortless to style too! I guess at that time I thought it goes so well with my animal print booties haha

Rarely would you see me in pants! BUT surprise! I have 3 sets of those in this series! Remembering the hey day of blazers and how it can easily amp up a rather simple outfit!

Please remind me what these pants are called? I was a sucker for them coz I thought it hides my tummy hahaha NOT Another look showcasing the importance of well fitted button sown blouses. It is truly a staple. 

I am including these 2 looks to mourn the demise of my shoes! =( Aren't they so edgy? =) 

My ever favorite lace shorts in red! Love how it can go from a simple and casual sailor inspired outfit to a more chic and uptown look - Funny how I didn't think I am a red person, but this series says otherwise. 
The return of the wide legged pants! I love this pant cut since I can easily wear platforms and cheat my height hahaha
My love affair with flirty skirts will never end, the poof and pleats will always always get me!

As much as I love how I used to dress up, I cannot wait to keep reinventing my personal style. Coming out of my pregnancy and bed rest left me out of sorts catching up with the trends and a new body type. 2 years on, I am slowly finding my footing. Keeping in mind too that I am also changing how I present myself to the world.  As the saying goes, "Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak" (Rachel Zoe).  Well I am fervently, getting to know myself again and again. We, mothers tend to do that right? Self-assessment? And now that I have the toughest critics of all- my kids, I just have to be the best of myself even the silliest parts of me. OH BUT WAIT! FASHION IS NOT SILLY!

***
much love

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed this post, Dons! The photos made me miss you a lotttt, 2011! :( Super liked the realisation at the bottom too!

    and omg, the super cute printed shoes died already?! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too! Most of my blog entries at this time were with you guys =(

      Delete