Monday, January 12, 2015

Color in the Black and White

Floral ball skirt from my store, Fanciful (3rd Level, Shoppesville, Greenhills)
Oh how times have changed! This is clearly the most daring I have been lately. Yes, a simple print on print outfit made me feel oh so bold!  Gone are the days when I wear something simply because it is different and outrageous. I have tapered my style to a more mature look and have streamlined it to pieces that I truly love.  I have been more reasonable with my purchases too. I used to shop, shop, shop buying everything that I deemed to stand out. Often times items were bought for the sake of an outfit shot. Remembering the hey day of my chictopia account and how each day or night out is made into a pictorial to my hubby's (then boyfriend) dismay. Sometimes I miss my outrageous self but I clearly, do not have the time, effort and money it entailed. HAHA I applaud those who do though! 

However, I am pretty proud of how I have become. Having our resources go mostly to our children and our home has made me more practical. It has taught me the value of every single thing and yet it has also challenged me further. I no longer get to be fashionable because I can buy every new thing. I have to keenly assess each purchase and create looks mixing the old with the new and getting truly creative.  Clearly, its more fun this way ;)


***
much love




No comments:

Post a Comment