Saturday, January 17, 2015

Oh 2015

I was excited to welcome 2015 with open arms after a rough 2014, filled with internal struggles and doubt. However looking through my Instagram it felt otherwise. My journey through 2014 brought about a new me that I cannot wait to carry over through this new year. 

The beautiful mess of random yet great things that my children has brought about. Either through their hands or through mine, for them. 

The necessity of making things beautiful without costing you a lot has challenged me but also surprised me as our ingenuity (mine and my husband's) show forth. 

Making my house a home and all the more lovelier come the holidays has become such a deep rooted need. Gone are the days of just not minding anything household related. 
I have learned to appreciate and be grateful of the small things. I have seen the beauty in the ordinary and also made ordinary things beautiful. As often times I have stumbled, I have come out a better person. I adore this person actually and have come to repeatedly be struck of how different this person has become. I still have a few kinks to work out though. It never ends, this self-reinvention and improvement, but please 2015, be kinder and gentler to us this time. 


***
much love

No comments:

Post a Comment