Sunday, August 18, 2013

"And Say It As Loud As You Can!"

WARNING!
This post is a bit self-deprecating, touching on rather superficial aspects of me and nothing mommy related lessons at all!


 
I am clearly in a state of disbelief and shock! Whoa! Am I really out again, and on a weeknight nonetheless???! (taken on a Thursday) Well as you can see, my emotional state clearly had some effect on my dressing. I seemed to be overly excited, bordering delusional when I thought I can still pull off a bandage skirt and a white cotton tee! I was holding my breath the entire time my photos were taken. No need to lie! Mommahood has given me flabs of excess skin that my derma deemed impossible to get rid of with exercise or even those laser treatments. I made a huge mistake of not wearing my bestfriend - the girdle that night. It didn't help that I tucked in a quesadilla before the bday party that also served tremendous amount of food and cake! 


After this photo, gone are my thoughts of flaunting my legs - the only remaining part of me that is visually pleasing to the eye. It actually tricks you into thinking I am thin. haha Or maybe I should just distance myself to anything that hugs my tummy this much! But I couldn't help myself with this one. This skirt (photo did not capture the detail unfortunately) is a shade of highlighter yellow in stretch lace fabric -  a cloth usually associated with romantic and classic shades. Me, being a sucker for a contradiction, just had to. 

What really surprised me the most about this look is how I chose to accessorize it. I rarely go for the full kablam - in your face styling. I felt that my accessories were so loud but it actually works!  You can say I had some fashion epiphany with this one. After coming out from my long retreat of being a hermit momma, I found myself at a loss mostly with accessories. At that time I felt that too much effort is exerted in adding more from my usual pearl earrings and wedding band combo. 


As such is the case, we often downplay the importance of accessories and often choose to forego it completely. We even sometimes stick to what is easy, a formula we have perfected that we no longer experiment with something new. However the time and effort is clearly necessary and much deserved since they are the object that completes a look. They also transform. A quick change of earrings can carry a day outfit to a night out look in a matter of minutes. It can change something so basic to something fabulous in a snap. In addition, it is also the easiest and one of the cheaper ways to update your wardrobe and stay on trend. 

So clearly I am moving forward and devoting my time on this topic. As silly and shallow as it may seem.  I actually feel this is something monumental for me. I think I expressed it in my past posts how my pregnancy left me feeling a bit out of sorts. Although it is evident that my experience has left me more mature and more caring as a person. I cannot begin to say how glad I am that I have come so far in my spiritual and emotional growth. However, I still also miss some snippets of the younger more carefree me. The one that clearly cares too much about fashion and ootd! HAHA I still miss her.  So I want this post to mark the return of that girl. Hoped you missed her too coz she's itching to come back!

***
much love

No comments:

Post a Comment