Sunday, October 6, 2013

On Separation Anxieties and Quality Times

My husband and I were having mixed emotions as the date of our trip to Davao drew closer. You see, this trip is of many firsts. For our family, it will be the first since I have been pregnant and given birth to the twins, first time we will ever leave them and a first time to be with my nephew Rafa out of town. It was also a renewal of sorts. It has been so long since C's last trip that required him to ride a plane that his memory of it was a bit muddled already. It has also been sooooo long since we have been out just the 3 of us or even just my hubby and I. Our last beach/out of town trip was more than 2 long years ago. I was also happy that I will get to spend time with my side of the family on this trip. In addition I get that time with friends too! However it was all so bittersweet knowing that I will be missing my girls and my girls will be missing out on it too. 

Last hugs and kisses before we leave for the airport
Our big boy! C insisted on carrying his on luggage!
Lola very happy to be with her boys!


Hubby and I were lamenting on how will we survive. We haven't been apart from them ever. Although we joked that at least now we will finally get that much needed sleep, I still had that nagging feeling that I didn't think I will be able to sleep at all and be missing my girls all too much! I was having anxiety attacks just thinking about it. 


Facetime with my babies. They are not very happy talking to the screen =(
It was a constant internal struggle. I had to remind myself however that I am not just a mom to my twins; I am also a wife to my husband, a friend to my girls, a sister to my Ate, a daughter to my mom and of course a mother to my Carlos. Out of all the whirlwind that is of having twins, I have somewhat neglected the people I hold dear to my life but what is most painful is that my son will be the one who suffers the most out of this. 

C rekindling his love of plane rides

Our trip to Davao, first and foremost, was for my best friend's wedding. It turned out to be such a wonderful affair made even more special that my friend Kelly got my mom as their ninang and my nephew as a bearer too. 

The Newly Weds!!!

This wedding also gave my family some time together! My Mom is Ninang and Rafa, my nephew is also a bearer and was carried by my sister down the aisle. It was indeed a family affair!

The men all suited up!




The Ring and Bible Bearer! Our gwapitos in their matching suits!


A wedding is always the best excuse for a get away and we jumped into this much needed opportunity. Although it might seem harsh, we knew we had to leave the twins right at the get go. We have learned the hard way of bringing C when he was still so young and we had intentions of enjoying ourselves as well.  You just can't. Especially if that out of town trip was planned with friends and not as a FAMILY vacation. You parents know what I mean right? Those take special and careful planning and coordination, a lot of helping hands,  unlimited supply of energy and patience and a different mind set completely. 

We owed Carlos a beach trip! Glad to have finally given him one!

Cannot wait for Kelly to join the momma train!!!  Our other friend Mara is preggy too! So next out of town trips will be more wholesome and kid friendly for sure hahaha
I am glad this boy is letting go of his fear of water...

And enjoying the sand.

Group shot! This will be the last time where C is our only baby!!! Next trips I promise to bring the twins and also welcome that baby in Kelly and Mara's tummy! No pressure to my unmarried friends ahem ahem!

Quality time with our eldest!!!
I had fears that I would be in constant tears for missing  my girls.  I was during the wedding but for a different reason of course. I also thought that when I get back my girls would have felt the neglect and would shrug me off completely. Of course this was silly, my babies actually stayed up late the night we got back. It was as if they knew we were coming and welcomed us with hugs!  All in all it was a much deserved trip for everyone. I knew it was also good for ME though that came as a plus to having spent quality time with my eldest.

***
much love

No comments:

Post a Comment