Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Marks and Spencer's Food Fair

I think it was such a great stroke of luck to have been invited to Marks and Spencer's Food Fair. I arrived in time for Chef Luigi Muhlach's cooking demo using M & S's food products that I was surprised they carry! Who would have thought they have canned crab meat, mashed potatoes and duck spring rolls ready to just pop in the oven toaster!!!  It was clearly the right amount of encouragement that I needed. You see, I rarely ever cook! And if I do, it will always be a simple pasta dish over and over again. What they showed us were fail proof recipes using M & S ready made, high quality products that will surely leave my hubby all impressed! I am saved!!!

My good friend Chesa was my date for the evening.  Surely had such a great time with you! Really love your helpful tips and inputs too!

Chef Luigi with the beautiful host, Sam Oh in action.


Sharing this to everyone!!!

I am so excited to peruse their shelves. Its as if the doors to endless possibilities have opened for me especially that M&S have dropped their prices too! Now I can inject these seemingly complicated menus to our everyday meals. Looks like I'll be spending more time in the kitchen!

Enjoying our samplers! YUM YUM! That added twist of the raspberry jam does the trick! 
My ultimate fave was the simplest of all. I usually make ham sandwiches for my boys' merienda and the recipe given was made to be so delicious by just adding a few key ingredients. I'm sure my boys would love the hint of sweetness coming from the M&S raspberry jam that was added. I sure loved it!



What followed was a wine and food pairing talk by Chie Gatchalian of 5 & 1/2 twists, a wine expert and one hot momma. She captivated us with her great choice of words and adjectives that just flowed as she described the qualities of the different bottles of wine. Of course it also helped that we got a try of everything and tasted it for ourselves! 

Chesa sniffing her Merlot
This was such a great and helpful segment and I highly enjoyed it! I am such a wine noob and I'm getting quite embarrassed already that I still do not know squat! I usually choose a bottle based on its price! I am also so glad to learn that M&S wine bottles have in their back labels the technical features of the wine and suggested food pairings! Makes it so easy for everyone!

All smiles from the highly satisfied crowd hihi

Ms. Chie Gatchalian, the wine connoisseur that she is was actually quite impressed with M & S's wine selection and its low retail price. Some are priced for just Php 600! So you know where I'll be buying my wine for our future wine nights and I'll be armed with facts too! Cannot wait for the much needed break from mommyhood and have a wine night with my ladies!

Thank you again Marks and Spencer for this great learning experience! 

***
much love

No comments:

Post a Comment