Friday, February 1, 2013

I have become a craftsy momma!


I have become a craftsy momma! I have always daydreamed of having this big ass crafts room at home. Though now I still don't ! My materials are strewn everywhere! However I have started out on projects that I didn't think I would ever take the time to! Motherhood (2nd time around) has indeed changed me! haha 

It all really started when I was put on bed rest during my pregnancy with my twin girls. I just deconstructed my old bib necklaces (couldn't go out for materials) and used the beads to bedazzle my twins' bonnets! Really loved the idea of making something ordinary unique in such easy way!


After that when the twins came, I was still stuck at home with no chance of shopping for my girls. I had to make do with online shopping and was so frustrated with the headbands that I was seeing. Maybe I just didn't know where to look but I guess this was a good thing as I started with this new hobby of mine.

I experimented and used my girls as models! I was so surprised when friends encouraged me to sell! Which I eventually did and still do (if you guys are interested).

Grossgrain ribbon florals
felt blossoms
(bands are now been changed to stretch lace and is much more comfortable and easy on the skin)

Poof for the holidays
(tulle and chiffon)

It just gave me such a warm feeling when a complete stranger actually appreciates my work. Also these things were mere materials, scraps of cloth, a piece of thread and I turned them into something beautiful!!! It was really kind of stimulating too. I know we moms do not like to admit that we need time off from our dear ones BUT OF COURSE WE DO! And something so simple can help boost your dwindling self-esteem. I'm sure I am not the first one to take up a hobby at this point in their lives. You can say its our coping mechanism. Just lucky that out of it I make my girls extra pretty too!

***
much love

No comments:

Post a Comment