Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Baby Monthsaries!!!

While on bed rest and house arrest during my recent pregnancy and I have met my new best friend - Pinterest! Whoever is guilty of spending hours and hours pinning away and dreaming one day I'll be able to do that too - raise your hand! I was! But really after much thought and self reflection I have come to a realization of my own limitations. Haha But still I thank who ever created it and made it easy to be a CRAFTY MOMMA and to see such a great pool of ideas to do with your young ones and more. So while perusing the sight I saw some lovely ideas to document each monthsary of my babies. 

Here are some examples:



Note: It is very unfortunate that I cannot site the source for the photos above. 
If you do know please feel free to comment on it


So inspiring ain't it? Was glad too that I ran into these ideas before my babies were born or I would have skipped like a month or two! But now down the road I am now celebrating my twins' 8th Monthsary!!! Yes  EIGHT freaking months!!!  With that I would like to show their current photo =)




Though I was not able to execute it with much deftness as my pegs, what I aimed for was to showcase their milestones in the photos for the said month. For this one, as they were starting to stand up already I portrayed them as ballerinas on a ballet bar =) Other months not so inspired haha but let me show you a few! 

First month when lying down was really all that they could do haha

I was so excited for this one as the babies were already active! I thought finally I was going to be able to take a decent photo where both of them are sitting down! But of course being able to sit down on their own equals being able to do a lot of other things too!!! So I had to settle for this with them wrestling each other!!!


6 months mark their first meal! So added their bowls for props!!


Such a great challenge that I take on every month! I know you moms out there would understand how hard each photo takes. Forget about the law of thirds and great composition. It is very rare that we just capture a smile or an antic at the very right moment! Well for these monthly pictures it is indeed quite an undertaking especially that there is 2 of them!!! While one might be ready showing a smile the other is looking at the other direction or simply crawling away!!!

Outtakes for their 7th Month! Crawling away indeed!
Nonetheless there is no denying the value of this undertaking! Its silly that I even think its hard but really in each small thing you do with/for your child you just want the best right? Anyhoo do watch out for when they turn 1! And I can show you guys the entire series already and reveal my other plan for these photos!!! =) 

***
much love

2 comments: