Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Herb Garden

So I had this brilliant idea that I will just have an herb garden at my backyard. Everyone keeps telling me its so easy! So the thought got stuck in my head, complete with imaginings of me humming away in my kitchen with the sun in my face making pasta adding basil or parsley or whatever it is you add plucked fresh from my garden. So after 2 weeks of putting it off I finally asked the hubby that I seriously want to do this. Just to digress I have a bad track record of getting excited one day, a flash of inspiration about something and simply putting it off and well not doing it anymore. So I had to show him my resolve and off we went!


We found this place (HARBEST) really near our home that sells plants and seeds for herbs, flowers and veggies. They also conduct seminars on healthy eating, gardening and much more. As I seek out the herbs that I wanted to buy, this small plants welcomed me. Ano ba paano na ko pipitas nyan?! Looks like my daydreams would take a while to become reality! I didn't know they sell them so small haha good thing they were very helpful and accommodating to a newbie like me. Taught me how to care for them and how long before I can start "harvesting" haha 




Large parsley not for sale =( boo!
All in all came home pretty much satisfied, for the plants that I was not able to buy that were on my list I got the seeds. At least this experience will be all the more rewarding for sure. And the best part is it gave me an activity to do with Carlos .... or so I thought! Turned out he is not into it ! So frustrating but oh well maybe he will appreciate more once the seeds sprout out!





So... so far here is what I have, still contemplating whether or not I will expand this. What do you guys think???



***
much love

2 comments:

  1. Got Love along white plains also sells plants :) some of my herbs died :(( it wasn't transplanted properly :((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was calling you when I was about to buy the plants na but I couldn't reach you! This place we discovered is super near lang! I'm so scared nga for the next step I don't want them dying on me!!!

      Delete