Friday, February 22, 2013

Bumps and Bruises

My Sandra (S) got a bump on her forehead today with matching bruise! After all the baby proofing and rearranging of furniture in their nursery we forgot about this big ass cabinet!!! S tried to open it while standing and bumped her head =( super wawa she has pa naman a mosquito bite on her forehead already! (ok this entry is making me sound like a bad mother) BUT really please show me some sympathy in saying that this happened to your kids too right? 

The CULPRIT!!!! The cabinet I mean not C hehe
Moms seriously BUY THIS!!!

I am actually somewhat emotionally ready for this one. I remembered when Carlos (C),  my eldest fell off the bed. I think I was crying louder than him which just made it worst. He felt my panic and cried even harder. So for this one I stayed calm. Did not point fingers anymore and just focused on applying an ice pack on my baby's head. It was not so traumatic as my experience with C. I am just scared that it is happening already. My babies are becoming so mobile and if there's just one of you and two of them these accidents are all the more likely to happen. However we all know that its all part of it and there will be more scrapes and bruises along the way. I pretty much brushed up on signs to watch out for when babies bump their heads, first aid etc. What I am really not ready for is what this milestone keep reminding me of. My babies are growing up so fast! I know they haven't hit one yet but I am really anxious in raising my girls. Is it just me or boys are so much easier to parent? Or maybe it is because I am a girl and I know what it is like.  Will I ever be ready for their tears over boys and heartbreaks? My memories of those seems so clear in my head still.  

So I must start working out my heart so I can toughen up once these things arrive. Let the bumps and falls be my exercise. 

***
much love

No comments:

Post a Comment